The baobab fruit
The baobab fruit grows on the legendary baobab tree, symbol of Africa and one of the oldest trees of our planet. It is also known as the ‚chemists tree’, due to his many application possibilities, especially in the fields of nutrition and medicine. Inside the ‘nut’ that has a big and hard wooden shell is the baobab pulp which dries naturally on the tree. There is no necessity for additional treatment and preservation like dehydration, freeze-drying or pasteurization.
Our baboab powder is made into a fine, whitish powder exclusively from pure and soft pulp by using innovative and exclusive mechanical procedures. The pulp is 100% natural and organic, no chemicals or preservatives are added. It has a unique and pleasant taste with a mild and slight sour aftertaste due to its high percentage of organic acids like citric acid, vitamin C, tartaric acid, malic acid and succinic acid. Thus, the baobab pulp contains a lot of nutritional value that justify it being one of the premium quality foods of the earth.
The baobab pulp has an unbelievable concentration and composition of vitamins, mineral nutrients, micronutrients, fibres and antioxidants.
– 6 times more vitamin C than oranges (300 mg/ 100 g)
– 2 times more calcium than milk ( 280 mg/ 100 g)
– 6 times more potassium than bananas (150 mg / 100 g)
– 30 times more fibres than salad (44 g / 100 g)
– 2 times more antioxidants than goji berries (25,000 umol TE / 100g)
– more iron than red meat
– low in fat
Many health benefits
This abundance of nutrients in the baobab pulp gives it an astounding series of health benefits
Some of these are:
– the high presence of vitamin C, thiamine (vitamin B) and vitamin B6 contribute to boost and optimize the energy metabolism, they strengthen the immune system and reduce fatigue and exhaustion.
– the high level of fibres benefits the digestion and the gastrointestinal tract.
– vitamin C raises the resorption of iron and calcium.
– the high content of iron, potassium and essential blood clotting material can contribute to stabilizing the circulation system.
– the high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory capacity of polysaccharides can help to ease and even cure various diseases that develop from inflammation: e.g. gastric disorders, fever, arthritis, allergies, diabetes, autoimmune disorders and other medical conditions.
A multitude of applications
The nutritional value composition and the properties of the baobab pulp make it into an interesting new ingredient for all kinds of provisions like drinks, food and cosmetics. It can be built into a variety of recipes, as a binder, flavour enhancer, viscosity, modification of texture and is additionally a natural source of nutrients.
– functional foods and drinks like energy bars and drinks
– fruit smoothies, ice cream, jam, sauces, chocolate
– non-alcoholic drinks, fruit juices, milk
– pastries like cookies, snacks, pasta, bread
– milk products like yoghurt and shakes
– dietary supplements
The baobab pulp is easy to use: it can be mixed with water, juice or yoghurt. Taken every day, the recommended daily dosages of vitamins, minerals, fibres and antioxidants are supplemented in a natural way.
The recommended dosage is 5-15g per day.
Raw food, vegan, gluten-free.